In association with the British Embassy, Berlin
The 27th British German Forum considered how Europe can retain influence in a rapidly changing, and challenging, world, shaped by the rise of ‘emerging powers,’ economic crises and political uncertainties.
Topics of discussion included:
- Europe’s internal political and economic challenges.
- The shifting world power balance.
- External threats such as terrorism and resource scarcity.
- In the context of these recent changes, how can Europe remain competitive and influential?
A common strand linking these themes will be the issue of British and German perceptions of European identity and value systems:
- What is Europe and what does it mean, in the twenty-first century, to be European?
- How can European values be effectively and creatively promoted