- Wednesday 4 - Friday 6 December, 2013
Wiston House, Steyning
+44 (0) 1903 815 020
For more information see Your stay at Wilton Park
- <p>The cost of participation is £1460. This covers 2 nights accommodation and all meals during the meeting and attendance at all sessions.</p>
What are the lessons from NATO, EU and member state training, advising, mentoring and operational support missions over the past ten years in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries? How can they apply to future military capacity building efforts?
This conference focused on capacity building and operational support to host country militaries rather than to security forces in their entirety.
Its objectives were to assess:
- the policy opportunities and risks involved in providing assistance to host country militaries as well as the conditions under which capacity building missions can succeed;
- lessons for effective delivery from NATO, EU and member state training, advising, mentoring and operational support missions over the past ten years;
- how Western militaries should organise and prepare themselves for delivering assistance to host country militaries;
- how the effectiveness of military assistance missions can be measured and monitored;
- the added value that NATO and EU can bring to host country military assistance missions.
Robert Grant: Programme Director
Assisting host country militaries: assessing lessons from NATO, EU and member state experience (WP1296): Project Manager
Sue Wornell: Event Coordinator
In association with