- Monday 10 - Friday 14 December, 2018
Wiston House, Steyning
+44 (0) 1903 815 020
For more information see Your stay at Wilton Park
- The cost of participation is £1490. This covers UK travel to and from Wilton Park, 4 nights' accommodation, all meals during the meeting and attendance at all sessions.
The 23rd Wilton Park nuclear non-proliferation conference assessed the challenges and opportunities for NPT diplomacy and processes but also the wider global regime.
- What are the decisive trends in the regime and what are their impacts?
- How can the nuclear non-proliferation policies of the P5 be expected to converge or diverge and what are the implications of either?
- What pathways forward on Iran’s nuclear programme?
- How to overcome the political and perceptual barriers to delivering technical cooperation on nuclear energy in ways that incorporate nuclear security as an integral part of the offer?
- What trajectory for international policy towards North Korea?
- What are the strategic dynamics of extended deterrence and how can they be expected to evolve in the near and medium run?
- What prospects for breaking the stalemate in US-Russia reductions, and in what format might the bilateral dialogue restart?
- What implications for the NPT and nuclear non-proliferation regime of erosion/decline/disintegration of this framework?
- What prospects for the TPNW entering into force before 2020, and what effect will this have?
- How will the Treaty affect the context for pathways to disarmament?
- What is the likely impact of both the Treaty and the disarmament issue on the run-up to 2020, and what can reasonably be considered a success there?
- What priorities and challenges for the PrepCom and RevCon process in NPT diplomacy towards 2020?