Are you interested in foreign policy, international affairs and diplomacy?
The Youth Ambassador Network is a great opportunity for those interested in foreign policy, international affairs and diplomacy to get involved with Wilton Park to hone their skills by becoming a Youth Ambassador and hosting their own events and dialogues. We are looking for ambitious, smart, internationally minded students from a handful of universities to join.
You will run your own Wilton Park style events on campus – promoting and practicing open dialogue and strategic conversations around the challenges we face today – and write blogs, social media posts and reports to inform your colleagues at university as well as your broader network.
You might have the chance to meet diplomats, policy makers, activists and influencers from around the world as well as other like-minded students who share your interests in foreign policy and public service. You can also learn about how different countries approach issues such as climate change and human rights through discussions with experts at Wilton Park’s events.
As a Wilton Park Youth Ambassador, you can:
- Access dedicated Youth Ambassador Network resources to help you run your dialogues and conversations.
- Develop and demonstrate crucial skills in the following areas: event management, leadership, social media and policy writing.
- Attend Youth Ambassador Network events – allowing you to showcase the impact of your Wilton Park sessions held at your university and beyond.
- Network with likeminded ambitious young Ambassadors across the country.
- Attend select Wilton Park events (live or online) specific to your studies – allowing you an opportunity for enhanced learning, insight and engagement with those driving policies and making change.
- Network with today’s opinion formers and policy makers from the UK and abroad via our exclusive Wilton Park events.
- Access to all Wilton Park reports and newsletters – keeping you up to date with outcomes, impact and upcoming opportunities.
- After your time as a Youth Ambassador, we offer entry to our Alumni group – Friends of Wilton Park (FoWP).
Wilton Park is at the forefront of global policy development. We bring together people from around the world to discuss and develop solutions for critical global issues.
We work with governments, international organisations, civil society groups and individuals to find practical solutions to problems such as climate change, conflict, trade and security.
Our work has helped shape domestic and international policies on everything from nuclear security to sustainable development goals.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Youth Ambassador Network (YAN) are now closed. We encourage you to keep an eye on this page as we will keep it up-to-date with the 2021-2022 Wilton Park Ambassadors’ activities. We will also advertise future activities in which you can get involved and the opening day of the applications for 2022-2023 Youth Ambassador Network! If you are attending your last year of studies, don’t hesitate to apply for interns or other work positions that might be advertised on our website.
In the meantime, if you haven’t subscribed yet and would like to receive news of events of potential interest to you, please find here the link to our newsletter. You will receive summaries of events that have taken place at Wiston House or overseas, as well as links to reports that summarise key points of the discussions. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, where we post about our events and activities, including links to public live sessions.