In cooperation with the Ministry of Justice
This conference discussed the following points:
- What can the UK learn from countries with different systems or who are at different stages of developing their constitutional accountability?
- What are the risks and benefits in the process of redesigning the system?
- How does one best ensure the effective accountability of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary?
- Where is the best practice, and how can we avoid potential pitfalls?
- How can Bills of Rights be framed and implemented so as to gain acceptance?
- How can the debate and transitional processes to a new or changed system best be managed, to ensure both practical success and public support?