The Youth Ambassador Network is a great opportunity for those interested in foreign policy, international affairs or diplomacy to get involved with Wilton Park to hone their skills by becoming a Youth Ambassador and hosting their own events and dialogues. We are looking for ambitious, smart, internationally minded students from a handful of universities to join.
- Run your own Wilton Park style event on campus to promote and practice open dialogue and strategic conversations around the challenges we face today. You will have to write a concept note, a programme and plan all the aspects of the delivery of the event.
- Write social media posts and a report to inform your colleagues at university as well as your broader network.
As a Wilton Park Youth Ambassador, you can:
- Access dedicated Youth Ambassador Network resources to help you run your dialogues and conversations.
- Develop and demonstrate crucial skills in the following areas: event management, leadership, social media and policy writing.
- Attend Youth Ambassador Network events – allowing you to showcase the impact of your Wilton Park sessions held at your university and beyond.
- Network with likeminded ambitious young Ambassadors across the country.
- Attend select Wilton Park events (live or online) specific to your studies – allowing you an opportunity for enhanced learning, insight and engagement with those driving policies and making change.
- Access to all Wilton Park reports and newsletters – keeping you up to date with outcomes, impact and upcoming opportunities.
- After your time as a Youth Ambassador, we offer entry to our Alumni group – Friends of Wilton Park (FoWP).
About Wilton Park
Wilton Park is at the forefront of global policy development. We bring together governments, international organisations, civil society groups and individuals from around the world to discuss and develop practical solutions for critical global issues.
Our policy areas cover: conflict prevention, resolution and state-building; defence and security; global economy and trade; global health; human rights, good governance and faith; diplomacy and multilateral institutions; sustainable development, environment and climate change.
Our work has helped shape domestic and international policies on everything from nuclear security to sustainable development goals.
Applications for the 2022-2023 Youth Ambassador Network (YAN) are now closed.
We encourage you to keep an eye on this page as we will advertise future activities in which you can get involved, as well as the opening day of the applications for the 2023-2024 Youth Ambassador Network.
If you are attending your last year of studies, don’t hesitate to apply for internships or other work positions that might be advertised on our website.
In the meantime, if you haven’t subscribed yet and would like to receive news of our work, please sign up to receive our newsletter. You will receive summaries of events that have taken place at Wiston House or overseas, as well as links to reports that summarise key points of the discussions. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, where we post about our events and activities, including links to public live sessions.
What does the commitment entail?
You will be expected to organise a small dialogue at your university which may take a couple of hours a week in the preparation. We will organise a welcome virtual meeting and brief drop-in sessions with our Programme Directors. We will also organise an in-person event for all the Youth Ambassadors to talk about your own Wilton Park style dialogues and meet some members of our Alumni group – Friends of Wilton Park (FoWP). In general, we would like you to spend some time interacting with our social media and news.
Do you offer a remuneration?
We don’t offer any remuneration but we would cover the costs of your stay and meals at Wiston House for the annual gathering. We will also offer free training and guidance and all the necessary assistance for you to organise your Wilton Park style dialogues at your university.
For more information, please email email@example.com