This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the latest developments in the spread of the H5N1 virus?
- What can be learned from recent flu pandemic simulation exercises?
- How can a country go about further testing and strengthening its pandemic preparedness plans?
- What impact will there be on essential services such as health, transport, energy and education?
- How will different countries collaborate with regard to movement of people, trade and essential services cross borders?
- How will the European stockpile of anti-virals work in practice?
- How are priority groups for vaccines being identified?
- What is the optimum communication strategy both pre and during a pandemic outbreak?