This conference discussed the following points:
- What is the strategic and political function of managing nuclear weapon in international politics?
- What will the US-Russian model of arms control look like after 2012, and what future models can be envisaged?
- Can reductions become a continuing process, with multiple rounds of inked, progressive reductions?
- What are the perspectives from key allies and from other nuclear-armed states?
- What trajectory down to zero can be envisaged and what are the implications of this for deterrence and strategic stability?