This conference discussed the following points:
- Can criminal proceedings against perpetrators of massive or systematic human rights violations run in parallel to peace processes?
- What has been the experience to-date of international jurisdictions, in particular the International Criminal Court (ICC), during ongoing conflicts?
- Is there evidence the issuing of indictments hinders political arrangements?
- What has the view of the UN Security Council been, or regional organisations?
- How is the pursuit of criminal justice viewed by humanitarian organisations, or victims?