This conference discussed the following points:
- How should government and civil society work together to promote democratic governance and social justice?
- What are the sources of legitimacy of non-governmental organisations (NGOs)?
- Should NGOs become more accountable and transparent?
- If so, how?
- What are the comparative advantages of civil society – as watchdog, advocate and service deliverer – in advancing social justice?
- How can government, civil society and the private sector better cooperate for efficient and effective governance?