This conference discussed the following points:
- As China moves from an export-fuelled economy to one that relies on domestic consumption how can its industry develop in a more sustainable way?
- What mechanisms can be put in place to manage resources cost-effectively while achieving a “harmonious” relationship with the environment?
- As global efforts to combat climate change rise on the international agenda, how can they be made a priority for Chinese political and business leaders?
- How can green measures become an integral part of the economic recovery process?
- How to finance new technologies?
- What role for NGOS, the media and cyberspace in raising awareness of environment issues?
- How can international business links encourage a “green” approach?
- How can China incorporate environmental awareness in its resource trading strategy, particularly in Africa?