This conference asked the following questions:
- What are the underlying trends and their causes in drugs production, transit and usage in Latin America?
- What impact on neighbouring states and beyond?
- What are the lessons from the policy responses both from within Latin America and externally, including in Europe, in tackling the cocaine trade over the last decade?
- How to avoid displacement of production and transit routes?
- What should governments do to have the most impact?
- At what stage? How can demand be reduced?
- How best to work in partnerships between countries and regions to tackle both production and use?