This conference discussed the following points:
- How to move from the theory of public diplomacy to practical application?
- How can lessons from previous public diplomacy strategies assist in planning for high profile events such as the Olympics?
- What are the tools and measures of successful diplomacy?
- Has digital diplomacy gone far enough? How effective is ‘soft power’?
- How best to harness ‘citizen power’?
- Can city to city diplomacy build relationships at a local level?
- What is the role of the corporate sector?
- How to ensure that diasporas are effective diplomats?
- What is the relationship between military perceptions of strategic communications and public diplomacy?