We were delighted to have Hugo Swire, Minister of State, as the keynote speaker at our one day, roundtable discussion in association with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. We brought together a broad spectrum of actors to consider the most effective ways of combating human trafficking in the business supply chain, both internationally and in the UK.
The meeting provided a forum to:
- raise awareness of human trafficking and labour exploitation in the context of business
- facilitate the sharing of good practice, drawing on existing strategies, in particular the UN (Ruggie) Guiding Principles on business and human rights
- consider practical ways forward in order to tackle human trafficking
- encourage greater dialogue and collaboration between actors
- develop and promote new networks towards future cooperation
Conference on The UN framework for business and human rights
Conference on Human trafficking: how best to stem the flow?