This conference discussed the following points:
- What do oil and gas price volatility, demand pressures in global energy markets, vulnerability of supplies and infrastructure, uncertainty over future Russian energy policy, and increasing concern over the pace of climate change mean for the security of Europe’s energy supplies?
- How are different countries attempting to bolster their energy security?
- How can a common EU internal and external energy policy help meet national needs?
- Does market liberalisation have an overall positive or negative impact on energy security?
- What responsibilities do governments need to retain?
- How can the EU Emissions Trading System effectively pr
omote long-term sustainable energy security without undermining industrial investment and competitiveness?
- What tensions and synergies exist between energy security and climate change?