This conference discussed the following points:
- How effective are existing drugs policies?
- What impact does international policy have on the street?
- How should international strategy be translated into national policy and who should drive the process?
- What would make international and national efforts more successful?
- Are the decisions to produce and the decisions to consume changing and how do they inter-relate?
- Are they understood?
- Where should efforts and resources best focus?
- What could the world look like beyond UNGASS 2008?
- Is it time to re-examine the existing frameworks and to ‘think the unthinkable’?