This conference discussed the following points:
- How do relations with Russia impact upon Europe’s energy security?
- What do oil and gas price volatility, growing demand from China and India, vulnerability of supplies and infrastructure, and uncertainty over future Russian energy policy mean for the security of Europe’s energy supplies?
- Does climate change make the search for energy alternatives more urgent?
- How can a common EU internal and external energy policy help meet national needs?
- Can unbundling and competition contribute to energy security?
- What responsibilities do EU governments need to retain?