This conference discussed the following points:
- How can external engagement reduce risks of violent conflict and improve the stability of fragile states and contribute to conflict prevention?
- How can aid and non-aid policies be made more risk sensitive?
- What should constitute the security content of poverty reduction programs in Africa?
- What aid allocation criteria would best contribute to peace and stability?
- Should the mitigation of horizontal inequalities figure on the agenda of poverty reduction strategies?
- How should aid effectiveness be analysed if donors wish to prevent conflict?
- What aid vehicles are best adapted to peace building?