This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the most effective migration strategies for the future?
- Is there scope for further collaboration between states?
- How to balance the needs of sending and receiving countries?
- What can be learnt from the experience of the Maghreb countries?
- How important are public perceptions of migration?
- What are the links between migratory movement and human rights?
- How best to strengthen the links to development policies?
- How should states respond to irregular migrants?
- What can be learnt from effective integration programmes?