This conference discussed the following points:
- How can we improve the multi-stakeholder dynamic of European development assistance?
- How best can Europe work in partnership with officials and non-state agencies on the ground?
- How does the EU add greater value?
- Is Europe too hidebound by the bureaucratic goals it has set itself?
- Does Europe need to be more ambitious in its strategy and reach, or to deliver better on its current goals?
- Are other donor nations forging ahead with different strategies?
- What are the various strengths and weaknesses of the different European ODA channels: European Commission, Member States or non-state actor?