This conference discussed the following points:
- How can Caribbean countries prosper and compete successfully in the era of globalisation and in the face of climate change in the coming decades?
- How will the individual countries and region tackle new issues such as energy and food security?
- What can be done to mitigate the economic impacts of climate change?
- How can the region co-operate more closely to attract investment and ensure regional prosperity?
- What more can governments do to support enterprise and economic growth and tackle corruption?
- To what extent will the region look to new partners including China, India and Brazil and its own diasporas for future export markets, investment and tourists as opposed to Europe and North America?