This conference discussed the following points:
- Does the January 2008 EU Commission Energy Security and Climate Change Action Plan suggest a viable way forward for increasing energy security and reducing carbon emissions?
- How can the 2020 renewable energy targets be met?
- How are developments in the Black Sea Region impacting upon the region’s growing importance as an energy transit route from Central Asia and the Middle East to the EU?
- How can the Black Sea synergy be used to enhance energy co-operation?
- How will energy supply from Russia develop?
- How are political dynamics affecting the location of proposed pipelines?