The EU has played a vital role in delivering prosperity and security to the continent over the last 50 years.
- How will the European experiment develop in the next 10-20 years?
- Is it ready and able to face today’s global challenges: the economic downturn of the old western economies compared to the economic rise of India and China, climate change and its impact, energy access and prices, food, water and natural resource shortages, international terrorism, relations with the Muslim world etc.?
- Where can Europe make a real difference on the global stage and add value and solutions to global problems? Can it be a global leader?
- How does Europe see itself vis a vis the USA and in a multi-polar world?
- What role for Britain and Germany as partners on the international stage?