This conference discussed the following points:
- How well prepared are countries, particularly developing countries, to respond to the predicted increase in wind, storm and flood as a result of climate change?
- What lessons have been learnt from recent best practice in both developing and developed countries to provide an improved immediate response through preparedness, rescue and the early recovery phase?
- What progress is being made in preparedness at national, regional and international level?
- How can the resilience of affected communities, which is at the core of any response, be improved and the needs of affected communities best met?
- What progress in implementing the Hyogo Framework for Action (2005-2015) in relation to floods?
- What role for insurance?