This conference discussed the following points:
- What ‘forks in the road’ are appearing for the nuclear non-proliferation regime?
- What are the political and technical challenges confronting nuclear abolition and can they be overcome?
- What are the chances for the CTBT entering into force?
- Is the NPT ‘fit for purpose’ and what are the main challenges for the upcoming PrepCom and 2010 Review?
- What are the prospects for successful resolution of the nuclear issues surrounding Iran and North Korea?
- What are the implications of the 2007 Israeli air strike in Syria?
- What will be the priorities for the incoming US Presidential Administration?