- Monday 6 - Thursday 9 October, 2008
- Helsingør, Denmark
This conference discussed the following points:
- How does climate change affect foreign policy priorities?
- How will it change the way in which countries conduct bilateral and multilateral relations in the future?
- On what basis might major developed and emerging economies reach agreement on a new climate change treaty?
- To what extent will issues such as ‘distress migration’, tensions over strategic trade routes, exploitation of newly accessible resources and competition for scarce resources rise up the international agenda?
- How can climate change considerations be best integrated with development, energy security, trade and security policies?