This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the evolving risks to the security of European energy supply?
- How should countries attempt to balanceresilience and competitiveness in their gas and electricity markets?
- Which model of market organisation – liberalised, semi liberalised, or concentrated – appears most capable of achieving a sound balance between resilience and competitiveness?
- Do different market conditions affect the ability of these models to balance resilience and competitiveness?
- Which model of market organisation appears most likely to facilitate needed investment in energy technology and infrastructure?
- How can different national approaches to market organisation most efficiently co-exist within a more integrated European market?