This conference discussed the following points:
- How might the European Union’s Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) and external action service evolve?
- As soft and hard power distinctions blur, how can internal co-ordination and relations with external actors be improved?
- How are tensions over the Georgia conflict, energy supplies and other issues impacting on relations with Russia and the EU’s neighbours?
- What impact from the financial crisis on links with Russia, China and the Middle East in particular?
- What priorities for northern regions and the Baltic?
- What future for South-East Europe?
- What progress on Euro-med initiatives?
- How to promote the EU and its values in the CFSP arena?
- How to secure greater public engagement?