This conference discussed the following points:
- How can the increasingly influential private funders of development (foundations, trusts, philanthropists, corporate donors) best help to counteract the negative impact of climate change on international development?
- What are the key policy and scientific drivers relating to climate change and international development, and how can independent funders add their voice to the international policy-making debate?
- What strategies can they develop, whether singly or in partnership, to make a difference on equity and social justice; migration and health; community development and resilience?
- How can funders build knowledge and networks to raise awareness and to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations to deal with the impact of climate change on development?
- This Forum will bring together philanthropic leaders with governments, international agencies and NGOs to discuss opportunities and strategies on how best to harness and leverage philanthropic resources to address the serious and urgent challenges of climate change on international development.