This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the key political and organisational challenges to designing and implementing effective exit strategies for state-building operations?
- Are exit strategies devised with clear overall objectives in mind?
- When and under what conditions can exit be successfully achieved?
- What are the criteria for evaluating the success of exit strategies?
- What follow-on arrangements are needed to consolidate the peace after exit?
- How can the UN, NATO and regional organisations manage the challenges of exit and transition better?