This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the prospects for completing the European Union’s accession negotiations with Croatia and extending EU membership elsewhere in the West Balkans?
- How can border, judicial, public administration, corruption and other challenges be best addressed in the context of finalising Croatia’s accession?
- Can enlargement ‘fatigue’ and public scepticism within the EU about further enlargement be overcome?
- What are the prospects for other accessions, in particular that of Serbia?
- How would the EU and its policies be affected by enlargement to the West Balkans?