This conference discussed the following points:
- How are the European Union (EU) and NATO responding to the growing geo-strategic importance of the South Caucasus and Central Asia?
- How are EU neighbourhood and NATO action plans being implemented?
- Where is further progress needed?
- What role is the South Caucasus playing in EU energy security?
- What are the key political and governance issues in the region?
- How are conflicts in the region being addressed?
- What are the prospects for resolution?
This [Wilton Park] conference is one of the highest level intellectual debates in which I have ever participated.