In cooperation with The Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Berne and The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Oslo
- What actions can governments take bilaterally, or multilaterally, to encourage other governments to comply with universal human rights standards?
- Is it useful to engage with, or isolate, offending governments?
- How effective are ‘human rights dialogues’?
- What role does the Human Rights Commission play in advancing multilateral human rights policies, and is it effective in this?
- Could its performance be improved through its reform?
- How should the UN Security Council pay more attention to human rights considerations in the action it takes?
- Are double standards in play?