Skip to content
Challenging stereotypes in Europe and the Islamic World [WPS06/27]
This conference discussed the following points:
- What can Muslim and non-Muslim organisations do to overcome negative stereotypes?
- What are good practices for reducing prejudice?
- Have the media reinforced fear of Islam in the west and fuelled anti-western feeling in the Islamic world?
- How can this best be challenged?
- What legal framework and institutional measures are needed for monitoring hate speech and combating discrimination against Muslims and other minorities?
- What can governments in Muslim countries do to counter negative images of Islam in Europe?
- what is the context in which Islamophobia occurs in Europe today and what is its cause?
- How are European governments responding?