This conference discussed the following points:
- How far are current arrangements and accountabilities for coordinating pandemic preparedness and response of international bodies “fit for purpose”?
- What lessons from the recent outbreak of Influenza A (H1N1)?
- How will current working relationships among inter-governmental and other international actors perform during a pandemic?
- To what extent do responsibilities, mandates and accountabilities of the specialised technical agencies need clarification for pandemic preparedness planning?
- What are the needs and prospects for effective coordination within the EU and among regional inter-governmental economic or “security” communities generally?
- How can coordination of humanitarian actors be improved in the pandemic response?
- What recommendations should this meeting make for further work in coming months and through what channels?