Sexual violence in conflict – what the UN is doing [WP1199]
- 29 November, 2012
- Conflict prevention, resolution and state building, Human rights, good governance and faith
The UN has put the issue of sexual violence in conflict on the Security Council’s agenda, appointed somebody to monitor it and provided intellectual, procedural and legal mechanisms but what does this mean for the Force Commander of the UN?
Zainab Hawa Bangura, Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, United Nations Office of the Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, New York
Patrick Nyamvumba, Force Commander, African Union/United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID), UNAMID, Darfur
Other podcasts in this series
- Sexual violence in conflict – how do we prevent it?
- Preventing sexual violence – children in armed conflict
- Sexual violence in conflict – collaboration between UN and Ministries
- Sexual violence in conflict – how does the justice system bring people to trial?