This conference discussed the following points:
- What challenges and opportunities face Japan in the global economy?
- Where is there scope for international cooperation, and where are the tension points?
- What is Japan’s role in international economic and development forums and initiatives?
- What are the key issues facing Japan’s economic relationships with the US, Europe, and the Asian region?
- How will Japan be affected by the developing BRIC economies; globalization; climate change and the economic impact of social and demographic change?
- What responsibilities does Japan hold as the world’s largest creditor and second largest economy?