Shifting powers, changing environments, global threats and domestic uncertainties – how can the world, as it emerges from a difficult decade, begin to move towards a more secure, stable, just and prosperous world?
The 2011 British German Forum brought together some of Britain and Germany’s young and bright ‘high fliers’ (aged 25 – 35) to explore and discuss the threats and opportunities facing their respective countries and the wider world.
The Forum explored the following questions:
- How has the global order changed?
- In the face of global uncertainties how do you balance security against freedom?
- What can Britain and Germany do to combat future resource challenges?
- What are the major domestic challenges facing Britain and Germany and how do they start to tackle them?
- Can Britain and Germany remain key economic players and compete in a fast-changing world?
- What do British parliamentarians say about Britain and Germany delivering a secure and prosperous future for their citizens?
- What is the role of the modern foreign service?
- Do young leaders today have different aspirations compared to previous generations?