This conference discussed the following points:
- How can low income groups gain access to financing for affordable housing?
- What innovative models for financing already exist?
- How can revolving funds be established on an affordable basis, but still generate returns for investors?
- What response is needed from governments, development agencies and financiers to enable such schemes to flourish?
- How can conflicting objectives of pro-poor finance schemes and lenders’ need to make a viable rate of return be combined?