This conference discussed the following points:
- What is public diplomacy?
- What should public diplomacy seek to achieve?
- Does it do so?
- How do the approaches of different governments vary?
- What are the best ways of engaging the media and influencing public opinion?
- How important are two-way relationships in public diplomacy?
- How best to tackle negative country images e.g. in the Islamic world? What opportunities are presented by new technology?
- How is public diplomacy best evaluated?
- What are the best strategies for the future?