This conference discussed the following points:
- What are the challenges facing municipal and national authorities regarding the integration of Muslim communities and individuals?
- What are the obstacles to effective integration and what are the examples of good practice?
- How to ensure equal rights in a climate of growing social, political and economic tensions?
- To what extent are Muslims consulted and involved in key decision making? How can this be enhanced?
- What are the barriers which restrict access to services such as housing, health, education and the labour market?
- How do Muslims view themselves within their communities, countries and the EU?
- What is the relationship between Muslims and the criminal justice system?
- What is the impact of current anti-terror legislation?
- What influence does the media have on community perceptions?