This conference discussed the following points:
- How do developments in the Life Sciences impact on chemical and biological weapons proliferation?
- What are the challenges posed by developments such as synthetic biology and nantechnology, and how can they best be addressed?
- How can government, NGOs, public health entities stay ahead of the potential threat?
- How can work at universities etc be squared with non-proliferation and security obligations?
- What are the implications of the blurring boundary between chemical and biological weapons?