- Tuesday 8 - Wednesday 9 December, 2020
- This event is by invite only.
In 2019, the Commonwealth Cadre of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Experts identified five priority areas that the Commonwealth Secretariat should look to focus on in the coming year, among these was the crucial issue of developing good practices that can be applied to manage returnees from violent extremism and promote peer-to-peer learning among CSOs and social workers and healthcare providers.
To address this issue, The Commonwealth CVE Cadre of Experts Meeting, working in partnership with Wilton Park, will undertake a virtual policy dialogue that has the following objectives:
- For the Cadre of Experts to review the draft manual for Commonwealth Countries managing the return of persons from violent extremism in low-resource contexts and provide advice on possible inclusions and amendments.
- Highlight the effect of COVID-19 and the policy responses to COVID-19 on terrorism and violent extremism in the Commonwealth and considering possible CVE and violence prevention responses that may need to be prioritised by the Commonwealth.
- Receive an update on CVE work in the Commonwealth (including in relation to other priority areas of youth engagement, education and preventing terrorist use of the internet).
Alison Hilliard: Programme Director
In association with